JIRA: Synchronizing Time
JIRA time synchronization is available in the Business plan only.
JIRA is an issue tracking and project management system. You can configure TMetric to automatically upload data to JIRA Cloud, so you can benefit from using both TMetric and JIRA at your workflow.
First, install the TMetric browser extension to integrate TMetric with JIRA:
Second, configure time synchronization with Jira:
1. Go to Manage and click Import and Export.
2. Click New Integration and select JIRA.
3. Enter your JIRA instance URL.
4. Click Enable synchronization of tracked time. The following message will appear.
5. Click the link to install TMetric add-on to your JIRA instance. Note: A user who installs the TMetric add-on must be the one who enables synchronization in TMetric.
6. After you install the TMetric add-on, go back to TMetric and click Enable synchronization of tracked time once again.
7. To avoid synchronization errors, you should allow editing of closed issue in Jira.
An alternative way to configure synchronization is to first start the TMetric timer in your JIRA instance, this will automatically create an entry about the JIRA integration on the Import and Export page in your TMetric account. Then you need to go to TMetric and perform the above steps 4-7.
Time synchronization starts immediately after you click Enable synchronization of tracked time. Time entries are synchronized automatically every hour, unless you initiate synchronization manually on the Import and Export page. Only time entries that were created in JIRA are synchronized.
If you change the time interval that has been already synchronized, this change will be uploaded to JIRA in the next synchronization.
The time of the active task will be synchronized to JIRA after you stop the timer on this task.
Any synchronization issues can be traced in the TMetric Log.
The TMetric extension you have installed adds the Start timer button on a JIRA issue page. Click the button and the corresponding time entry will appear on TMetric timesheet with the same ID as in JIRA. The ID is a link that takes you to the relevant JIRA issue page. The time displayed on the Start timer button is the total time spent by all members of a team working on this issue.
The time logged in TMetric is synchronized automatically to JIRA every hour and can be viewed in the JIRA Work log. What is more, TMetric gives you the benefit of tracking your working activity by means of the TMetric desktop app that records websites and applications you viewed during the day.
Note: In order for your time to be successfully synchronized to JIRA, you must be logged in to TMetric account under the same email as in JIRA.
Managing JIRA integration
You can view and edit all your JIRA integrations on the Import and Export page.
On this page, you can:
- Run an immediate synchronization by clicking the Sync Time Now button. In this case, the next synchronization will be exactly one hour away from the time you synchronized.
- View log to see the results of synchronization
- Edit the integration settings
- Delete an integration. When you delete an integration, all time entries associated with this integration will be unassigned from the relevant JIRA instance.