Add Timer Button to Jira Issues
Complete these three simple steps to enable time tracking in Jira.
It takes no more than 3 minutes to set up.
No Manual Input Required
- Timer button is integrated into each JIRA issue
- It takes a single click to start the timer
- No need to stop before switching to another issue
Backlinks to Jira from TMetric
- Each time entry contains a backlink to a JIRA issue
- JIRA projects are mapped to TMetric projects
- JIRA labels are automatically assigned to time entries
Powerful Jira Time Reports
- See the time of your team in one place
- Group, sort, and filter reports
- Export time reports and invoice your clients
Time Sync with Jira
- Automatic time synchronization between JIRA and TMetric
- Projects, issues and labels from JIRA are visible in TMetric
- Build precise reports of worked time from JIRA
How to Use Time Tracking In Jira
1. Locate timer button on a Jira issue
Click the Issues tab and select a required issue. A dialog window opens where you can view and edit the contents of the issue. You will see the Start timer button in the upper right corner of the window.
2. Start timer on an issue
Click the Start timer button and TMetric will start recording your Jira working time. Notice that the Start timer button changes to the Stop timer button and displays the time spent on the issue.
If you are the workspace owner or assigned admin in TMetric and start the timer for the first time, TMetric pulls out from Jira and adds to your TMetric workspace:
- issue name
- issue ID
- project name
Labels are mapped to the tags existing in the TMetric workspace. If the Allow creating tags on a fly option is enabled in the TMetric workspace then the labels are automatically created.
The corresponding time entry appears on the Time page in the TMetric web app. You can easily navigate back to the Jira issue simply by clicking the link icon next to the task name (in our case ID is BP-12).
3. Edit time entry, if necessary
A time entry with an external task can be edited. You can edit the name of the task, project, and labels without losing a link to the Jira issue.
To disassociate the task from the Jira issue, click the cross icon next to the task name in the bottom right corner of the time entry editor.
4. View a time report
Reports show the time from different external systems, as well as the time entered manually in TMetric.
5. Configure time synchronization with Jira
You can configure TMetric to automatically upload data to Jira Software, so you can benefit from using both TMetric and Jira at your workflow. The time logged in TMetric will be synchronized automatically to Jira every hour and can be viewed in the Jira Work log.
Learn how to setup time sync with Jira.
You can create and manage Jira integration on the Import and Export page of the TMetric app. In particular, you can:
- Run an immediate synchronization by clicking the Sync Time Now button
- View log to see the results of synchronization
- Edit the integration settings
- Delete an integration. When you delete an integration, all time entries associated with this integration will be unassigned from the relevant Jira instance.
TMetric is a great time tracking web app allowing to control your time and stay productive throughout the day!