Add Timer Button to Clickup tasks
Complete these three simple steps to enable time tracking in Clickup.
It takes no more than 3 minutes to set up.
No Manual Input Required
- Timer button is integrated in each Clickup task
- It takes a single click to start the timer
- No need to stop before switching to another task
Backlinks to Clickup from TMetric
- Each time entry contains a backlink to a Clickup task
- Clickup projects are mapped to TMetric projects
- Clickup task names are automatically assigned to time entries
Powerful Time Reports
- See the time of your team in one place
- Group, sort, and filter reports
- Export time reports and invoice your clients
How to Use Time Tracking In Clickup
1. Find timer button in Clickup task
Click a required task from a list in your project. A dialog window opens where you can view and edit the contents of the task. Near the date of task creation, you can see the TMetric Start timer button.
2. Start timer on a task
Click the Start timer button and TMetric will start recording your Clickup working time. Notice that the Start timer button changes to the Stop timer button and displays the time spent on the task.
If you are the workspace owner or assigned admin in TMetric and start the timer for the first time, TMetric pulls out from Clickup and adds to your TMetric workspace:
- task name
- task ID
- project name
The corresponding time entry appears on the Time page in the TMetric web app. You can easily navigate back to the Clickup task simply by clicking the link icon next to the task name.
3. Edit time entry, if necessary
A time entry with an external task can be edited. You can edit the name of the task and project without losing a link to the Clickup task.
To disassociate the TMetric task from the Clickup task, click the cross icon next to the task name in the bottom right corner of the time entry editor.
4. View a time report
Reports show the time from different external systems, as well as the time entered manually in TMetric.