Add Timer Button to Notion Tasks
Complete these three simple steps to enable time tracking in Notion.
It takes no more than 3 minutes to set up.
No Manual Input Required
- Timer button is integrated into each Notion task
- It takes a single click to start the timer directly from Notion
- No need to stop before switching to another task
Links to Notion from TMetric
- Each time entry contains a link to a Notion task
- Possibility of editing a time entry if necessary
Powerful Time Reports
- See the time of your team in one place
- Group, sort, and filter reports
- Export Notion time reports and invoice your clients
How to Use Time Tracking In Notion
1. Locate timer button on a Notion task
After you select a template and add a task there, you will see the TMetric Start timer button next to the task name.
2. Start timer on a task
Click the Start timer button and TMetric will start recording your Notion working time. Notice that the Start timer button changes to the Stop timer button and displays the time spent on the task.
If you are the workspace owner or assigned admin in TMetric and start the timer for the first time, TMetric pulls out from Notion and adds to your TMetric workspace:
- task name
- task ID
The corresponding time entry appears on the Time page in the TMetric web app. You can easily navigate back to the Notion task simply by clicking the link icon next to the task name.
3. Edit time entry, if necessary
A time entry with an external task can be edited. You can edit the name of the task, project, and tags without losing a link to the Notion issue.
To disassociate the TMetric task from the Notion task, click the cross icon next to the task name in the bottom right corner of the time entry editor.
4. View a time report
Reports show the time from different external systems, as well as the time entered manually in TMetric.
TMetric is a great time tracking app for Windows, macOS, and Linux that allows you to control your time and stay productive throughout the day. TMetric mobile app for Android or iOS is the most convenient way to track your time whether in the office or away at customer meetings.