Redmine: Importing Projects and Users
Configuring Redmine Integration
Redmine is a project management web application that embraces Gantt chart, calendar, wiki, forums, email notification and more useful features. You can configure TMetric to import projects and users from Redmine to TMetric and automatically upload the time you track in TMetric to Redmine.
Note: This feature is only available in Business plan.
To integrate with Redmine:
1. Go to Workspace and click Integrations.
2. Click New Integration and select Redmine.
3. Enter your Redmine instance URL.
4. Enter the API access key. You need to specify the API access key of a Redmine account with admin privileges.
5. Click Enable synchronization of tracked time.
Now, you can import projects and users from Redmine to TMetric, as well as synchronize time between the two systems. Time entries will be synchronized automatically every hour. In addition to project and user names, TMetric imports the statuses of the users and projects.
TMetric does not pull closed or archived projects from Redmine unless they already exist in TMetric. If the statuses differ in Redmine and TMetric, the Redmine statuses will override the TMetric ones.
An alternative way to configure synchronization is to first start the TMetric timer in your Redmine instance, this will automatically create an entry about the Redmine integration on the Integrations page in your TMetric workplace. After that, the owner or admin of the TMetric workspace can go to TMetric and perform the above described steps 3-5.
Importing Projects and Users
After configuring the integration with Redmine, you can import project and users from your Redmine instance to your TMetric workspace.
- Go to Workspace and click Integrations.
- Click the ellipses button of the Redmine integration and then click Import Users.
- Click the ellipses button again and then click Import Projects.
Didn’t find what you were looking for?
If you didn't find what you were looking for, you can make a support request or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll be glad to help you personally.