Add Timer Button to Trello Cards
Complete these two simple steps to enable time tracking in Trello.
It takes no more than 3 minutes to set up.
Now login to your Trello account and start tracking.
No Manual Input Required
- Timer button is integrated in each Trello card
- It takes a single click to start the timer
- No need to stop before switching to another card
Backlinks to Trello from TMetric
- Each time entry contains a backlink to a Trello card
- Trello boards are mapped to TMetric projects
- Trello labels are automatically assigned to time entries
Powerful Time Reports
- See the time of your team in one place
- Group, sort, and filter reports
- Export time reports and invoice your clients
How to Use Time Tracking In Trello
1. Find timer button on a Trello card
Click a required card from a list on your board. A dialog window opens, where you can view and edit the contents of the card. In the Actions menu, you can see the Tmetric Start timer button.
2. Start timer on a card
Click the Start timer button and TMetric will start recording your Trello working time. Notice that the Start timer button changes to the Stop timer button and displays the time spent on the card.
If you are the account owner or assigned admin in TMetric and start the timer for the first time, TMetric pulls out from Trello and adds to your TMetric account:
- card name
- card ID
- project name
The Trello tags are mapped to the tags existing in the Tmetric account. If the Allow creating tags on a fly option is enabled in the Tmetric account then the tags are automatically created.
The corresponding time entry appears on the Time page in the TMetric web app. You can easily navigate back to the Trello card simply by clicking the card ID (in our case ID is #16).
3. Edit time entry, if necessary
A time entry with an external task can be edited. You can edit the name of the task, project, and tags without losing a link to the Trello issue.
To disassociate the TMetric task from the Trello card, click the cross icon next to the task name in the bottom right corner of the time entry editor.
4. View a time report
Reports show the time from different external systems, as well as the time entered manually in TMetric.
TMetric is a great time tracking web app allowing to control your time and stay productive throughout the day!