Add Timer Button to YouTrack Issues
Complete these two simple steps to enable time tracking in YouTrack.
It takes no more than 3 minutes to set up.
Now login to your YouTrack account and start tracking.
No Manual Input Required
- Timer button is integrated into each YouTrack issue
- It takes a single click to start the timer
- No need to stop before switching to another issue
Backlinks to YouTrack from TMetric
- Each time entry contains a backlink to a YouTrack issue
- YouTrack projects are mapped to TMetric projects
Powerful Time Reports
- See the time of your team in one place
- Group, sort, and filter reports
- Export time reports and invoice your clients
How to Use Time Tracking In Freshdesk
1. Locate timer button on a YouTrack issue
Click the Issues tab and select a required issue. A dialog window opens, where you can view and edit the contents of the issue. You will see the Start timer button next to the title of the issue.
2. Start timer on an issue
Click the Start timer button and TMetric will start recording your YouTrack working time. Notice that the Start timer button changes to the Stop timer button and displays the time spent on the issue.
If you are the account owner or assigned admin in TMetric and start the timer for the first time, TMetric pulls out from YouTrack and adds to your TMetric account:
- issue name
- issue ID
- project name
The corresponding time entry appears on the Time page in the TMetric web app. You can easily navigate back to the YouTrack issue simply by clicking the link icon next to the task name.
3. Edit time entry, if necessary
A time entry with an external task can be edited. You can edit the name of the task and project without losing a link to the YouTrack issue.
To disassociate the task from the YouTrack issue, click the cross icon next to the task name in the bottom right corner of the time entry editor.
4. View a time report
Reports show the time from different external systems, as well as the time entered manually in TMetric.
TMetric is a great time tracking web app allowing to control your time and stay productive throughout the day!