Redmine Time Tracking
TMetric is a free work time tracking web app for professionals and companies. It integrates with Redmine and other widely used project management systems. Use TMetric to track time spent on tasks directly from Redmine.
Below is the instructions on how to integrate TMetric with Redmine.
Preparing to track your work time in Redmine
Let's setup TMetric so it can correctly capture your work time from Redmine.
1. Create TMetric account. It will take a few minutes.
2. Install one of the following TMetric browser extensions depending on a browser you prefer:
3. (optional) After registration, you can also install a time tracking desktop app, so you could track your work activity in details.
Now when you are all set, you can proceed to track work time in Redmine.
Tracking time in Redmine. How it works
The TMetric extension adds the Start timer button in the header of a task in Redmine.
- To start tracking the time for the task, click the Start timer button.
- To stop the timer, click the Stop timer button.
Click the button, and the time spent on a Redmine task will be logged in your TMetric account. Notice that the Start timer button changes to the Stop timer button and displays the time spent on the task.
If you have the status of Owner or Admin when first starting the timer for the issue, TMetric pulls out from Redmine the project name of the issue and automatically creates a project with the same name in your TMetric account.
The task is listed on the Tracker page in the TMetric web application. The name, ID, and project of the task are the same as in Redmine.
You can quickly navigate back to Redmine by clicking the task ID (in our case ID is #575413).