Using Work Types for Billing
This is a Business plan feature.
Work types provide more flexible capabilities in terms of billing a client. Members can log their time under various work types, which are rated differently for a client. In particular, this feature allows you to:
- create work types;
- set specific billing rates for each work type;
- set the invoice method by work type rate for a project;
- add/delete work types for a specific project;
- define custom rates for work types under for a specific project.
Note: When you select the invoice method "By work type rate" for a project, the time will be billed based on the rates of the work types defined under the Work Types tab of the project.
Creating work type
- Go to Manage and click Tags.
- On the Tags page, click the New Work Type button.
- On the New Work Type page, specify a work type name, its billing rate, and projects to apply the work type to.
Work types in projects
You can create and set up a billable project with an invoice method By work type rate. So, when a user adds a time entry under the project with invoice method By work type rate, the time is billed according to the rate of a work type selected for this time entry.
The default project rate will be applied when no work type is specified for a time entry.
On the Work Types tab, you will see the list of all the work types available in the workspace and their default rates. You can add/delete the work types and override their rate for a specific project.