Editing User Profiles
This topic describes how to edit user profiles, what information can be changed and who has permission to do it.
As a workspace admin, you can view and edit other user profiles:
- Name - change a member's name displayed in a workspace
- Email address can be changed only by a user
- Time zone - set a local time zone for a user
- Profile picture can be changed only by a user
- Role - set a user role in TMetric (a team member, admin or owner)
- Team membership - add team names that a user belongs to
- Allow editing time manually - turn on the option if you want to enable a user to edit his timesheets
- Allow tracking time with a mobile device - turn on the option if you want to enable a user to track his time using a mobile app
Required Fields for Time Entries
- Description - a user should enter a description for each new time entry
- Project - a user needs to select a project when adding a new time entry
- Tags - a user needs to select tags for new time entries
- Task link - a user should start a task created within TMetric or a time entry in an external task management system by clicking the Start Timer extension button in it.
- Billable rate - set an hourly billable rate for a member of a new project to know how much to charge when invoicing a client
- Cost rate - assign an hourly cost rate to a member to know how much to pay him for his work
- Default work type - you can set a type of work a user performs most often
Day of week - allows you to select a day of the week that will be a workday.
Workday length - specify the duration of each workday.
Workweek settings are effective from the - select either Hire date or Specific date.
The Actions drop-down menu is located on the upper right hand corner of the page and contains the following options:
Delete Screenshots and Activity - select this action if you want to delete user activity and screenshots.
Lock Member - select this action if you want to lock a user.
Delete Member - select this action to delete a user.
To edit a user profile
- Navigate to Workspace, and then click Members.
- Click the member's name whose profile you want to edit.
- On the Edit Member page, change the data you need.
- Click Save.
- If a user belongs only to your workspace, you can edit all the user profile settings, except an email address.
- If a user is a member of two or more workspaces, you won't be able to change its name and time zone. You need to ask that person to do it.