Add Timer Button to Pivotal Tracker Stories
Complete these two simple steps to enable time tracking in Pivotal Tracker.
It takes no more than 3 minutes to set up.
Now login to your Pivotal Tracker account and start tracking.
No Manual Input Required
- Timer button is integrated into each Pivotal Tracker story
- It takes a single click to start the timer
- No need to stop before switching to another story
Backlinks to Pivotal Tracker from TMetric
- Each time entry contains a backlink to a Pivotal Tracker story
- Pivotal Tracker projects are mapped to TMetric projects
- Pivotal Tracker labels are automatically assigned to time entries
Powerful Time Reports
- See the time of your team in one place
- Group, sort, and filter reports
- Export time reports and invoice your clients
How to Use Time Tracking In Pivotal Tracker
1. Locate timer button on a Pivotal Tracker story
On the Stories tab, select a required story. A dialog window opens, where you can view and edit the contents of the story. You will see the Start timer button on the right side of the window.
2. Start timer on a story
Click the Start timer button and TMetric will start recording your Pivotal Tracker working time. Notice that the Start timer button changes to the Stop timer button and displays the time spent on the story.
If you are the account owner or assigned admin in TMetric and start the timer for the first time, TMetric pulls out from Pivotal Tracker and adds to your TMetric account:
- story name
- story ID
- project name
Labels are mapped to the tags existing in the Tmetric account. If the Allow creating tags on a fly option is enabled in the Tmetric account then the labels are automatically created.
The corresponding time entry appears on the Time page in the TMetric web app. You can easily navigate back to the Pivotal Tracker story simply by clicking the link icon next to the task name (in our case ID is #152195741).
3. Edit time entry, if necessary
A time entry with an external task can be edited. You can edit the name of the task, project, and labels without losing a link to the Pivotal Tracker issue.
To disassociate the task from the Pivotal Tracker story, click the cross icon next to the task name in the bottom right corner of the time entry editor.
4. View a time report
Reports show the time from different external systems, as well as the time entered manually in TMetric.
TMetric is a great time tracking web app allowing to control your time and stay productive throughout the day!