Adjusting Time Off Balance for Team Members
You may need to adjust an employee's time off balance when:
- A new employee is added to an existing time-off policy (for example, setting up vacation time available for him in the current year).
- An extra day off is added to an employee's vacation (a bonus).
- A balance is "reset" after a policy is edited (a vacation accrual schedule is changed).
To adjust a time off balance
1. Navigate to Time Off on the main menu, and then click Balances.
2. On the Time Off Balances page, find a user whose time off balance you want to change, and click the menu icon next to his name.
3. Select Adjust Balance to open a dialog box where you can make necessary changes: either add or subtract time off. Here is a list of the fields you need to fill in:
- Action - an action applied to a balance.
- Amount - the number of hours you want to add or subtract to/from an employee's balance.
- Effective Date - a date when the changes will be applied.
- Reason - a reason for adjusting a balance.
4. Once you finish, click Adjust and an employee's balance is successfully updated.