Changing and Removing Time Off Policies
Here you will learn some basic rules of editing, archiving and deleting time off policies in TMetric.
- In a policy, you can change all its properties, but users' balances should be adjusted separately if needed. Changing the Paid property is only possible in case if there are no requests relating to the future.
- When the Requires approval option is reset, all open requests under this policy will change the status to Approved.
- If you delete a user from a policy, all requests related to this user won't be removed.
Archiving Time Off Policies
- To save time off history, you can make a policy inaccessible (archive it).
- You cannot archive a policy, which has time off requests in the future.
- After archiving a policy, new time off requests cannot be created under it.
- You cannot edit unapproved requests within an archived policy, but you can only approve or deny them.
- A policy can be unarchived if needed. You just click the action button on a required policy and select Unarchive.
Deleting Time Off Policies
- You can delete a policy if it does not have approved requests, i.e., nobody used it.
- Requested time off and denied requests are deleted together with the policy.
To edit, archive or delete a policy
- Go to Time Off on the main menu, and then click Policies.
- In the list of policies, find the one you need.
- Click the actions button on this policy, and select the action you want to apply: Edit, Archive, or Delete.