Add Timer Button to Azure DevOps Services Work Item
Complete these three simple steps to enable time tracking in Azure DevOps Services.
It takes no more than 3 minutes to set up.
No Manual Input Required
- Timer button is integrated into each Azure DevOps Services work item
- It takes a single click to start the timer
- No need to stop before switching to another work item
Backlinks to Azure DevOps Services from TMetric
- Each time entry contains a backlink to an Azure DevOps Services work item
- Azure DevOps projects are mapped to TMetric projects
Powerful Time Reports
- See the time of your team in one place
- Group, sort, and filter reports
- Export Azure DevOps time reports and invoice your clients
How to Use Time Tracking In Azure DevOps Services
1. Locate timer button on an Azure DevOps Services work item
On the Backlog tab, select a required work item. A dialog window opens where you can view and edit the contents of the work item. You will see the Start timer button next to the title of the work item.
2. Start timer on a work item
Click the Start timer button and TMetric will start recording your Azure DevOps Services working time. Notice that the Start timer button changes to the Stop timer button and displays the time spent on the work item.
If you are the workspace owner or assigned admin in TMetric and start the timer for the first time, TMetric pulls out from Azure DevOps Services and adds to your TMetric workspace:
- work item name
- work item ID
- project name
The corresponding time entry appears on the Time page in the TMetric web app. You can easily navigate back to the Azure DevOps Services work item simply by clicking the link icon next to the task name.
3. Edit time entry, if necessary
A time entry with an external task can be edited. You can edit the name of the task and project without losing a link to the Azure DevOps work item.
To disassociate the task from the Azure DevOps Services work item, click the cross icon next to the task name in the bottom right corner of the time entry editor.
4. View a time report
Reports show the time from different external systems, as well as the time entered manually in TMetric.
TMetric is a great time tracking web app allowing to control your time and stay productive throughout the day!