Add Timer Button to Salesforce Tasks
Complete these three simple steps to enable time tracking in Salesforce.
It takes no more than 3 minutes to set up.
No Manual Input Required
- Timer button is integrated in each Salesforce task
- It takes a single click to start the timer
- No need to stop before switching to another task
Backlinks to Salesforce from TMetric
- Each time entry contains a backlink to a Salesforce task
- Salesforce labels are automatically assigned to time entries
Powerful Time Reports
- See the time of your team in one place
- Group, sort, and filter reports
- Export time reports and invoice your clients
How to Use Time Tracking In Salesforce
1. Find the timer button in a Salesforce task
Click a required task from a list. A dialog window opens where you can view and edit the contents of the task.
2. Start timer on a task
Click the Start timer button and TMetric will start recording your Salesforce working time. Notice that the Start timer button changes to the Stop timer button and displays the time spent on the task.
If you are the workspace owner or assigned admin in TMetric and start the timer for the first time, TMetric pulls out from Salesforce and adds to your TMetric workspace:
- task name
- task ID
The corresponding time entry appears on the Time page in the TMetric web app. You can easily navigate back to the Salesforce task simply by clicking the link icon next to the task name.
3. Edit time entry, if necessary
A time entry with an external task can be edited. You can edit the name of the task and tags without losing a link to the Salesforce task.
To disassociate the TMetric task from a Salesforce task, click the cross icon next to the task name in the bottom right corner of the time entry editor.
4. View a time report
Reports show the time from different external systems, as well as the time entered manually in TMetric.