Creating an Invoice
Here you will find a step-by-step description on how to create invoices in TMetric, who has permission to do it and how to edit already created invoices when needed.
How to Create Invoice
Once you accomplish the work, you need to invoice your client. TMetric allows you to quickly create an invoice and send it to your client to get paid on time.
To create an invoice
1. Go to Invoices on the main menu and click New Invoice.
2. Pick your client.
3. Under the Time Range, select a required time period for the invoice.
4. Pick a project to invoice for.
5. Select an invoice type: By person hours, By project hours, By task hours, or Detailed Line Items.
6. Click Save.
Once you click Save, you'll see a draft of the invoice.
Creating Invoice for Fixed Fee Project
The procedure for creating an invoice for fixed fee projects is the same as described above, though, there is some additional information you should know about invoicing for fixed fee projects:
- For projects with nonrecurring billing, an invoice is created only once.
- For projects with recurring billing, an invoice can be created several times.
- After selecting a time range to create an invoice, the project list will display only those projects, which have unpaid periods.
- Invoices for projects with recurring billing include a start and end date of the time period you select for invoicing.
- When selecting All Time, an invoice will include all unpaid periods (starting from the last paid one).
How to Edit Invoice
After creating an invoice, you might need to specify some additional details, such as Invoice ID, purchase order number, discount, issue date, tax, due date, invoice subject, etc. You can easily do it by editing an invoice:
- Go to Invoices on the main menu.
- Find the invoice you want to edit in the list and click its name.
- Click the Edit Invoice button.
- In the Edit Invoice dialog box, make necessary changes and click Save.
Didn’t find what you were looking for?
If you didn't find what you were looking for, you can make a support request or email us to email@example.com. We'll be glad to help you personally.