Setup Your Projects
This is a step-by-step guide on how to set up a project in TMetric.
A project in TMetric may be internal for company's internal matters or external, i.e. initiated by a client. With the external project, you need to first add a client to the TMetric system.
Creating a Project
1. Click Projects in the main menu, and then click the New Project button. Specify a project name and client. You may add a project code, project image, and notes as an extra information.
There are three billing types for a project: Non-billable, Time & Materials, and Fixed Fee.
Use Time & Materials if you want to bill your client at specific hourly rates. There are three types of hourly rates:
- Project rate - you set a fixed rate per hour and it will be applied to all billable hours tracked for the project no matter who works on a task
- Person rate - you need to set an hourly rate for each member working on the project in the Team section below
- Work type rate - work type is a certain type of professional activity, for example, development, testing, etc. By default, it is set to a default project rate. You may set hourly rates for each specific work type in the Work types section below.
Use Fixed Fee if you want to set a fixed price for the entire project no matter how many hours were spent or who was working on the project.
You may set an Overall budget for a project, for which three budgeting methods are provided:
- Total project hours - the total number of hours to be spent on the entire project. Both billable and non-billable hours will count toward your budget. If you choose this method, specify the budget size in hours.
- Total project fees - the total amount of money to be spent on the project. Billable hours are multiplied by the project's (persons') hourly rate. If you choose this method, specify the budget size in monetary units.
- Hours per person - the total number of hours for each member to spend on the project. Both billable and non-billable hours will count toward your budget. If you choose this method, specify a budget for each team member in the Team section below.
Any project needs a team to get the work done. Each team member tracks his work time and has his own work rate.
We will tell you how to add your team members and set up personal settings for them in the next topic.
When there are no members added to a project, the project is public. To make a project private, you need to add at least one member to it. You can learn more about this here.
Didn’t find what you were looking for?
If you didn't find what you were looking for, you can make a support request or email us to [email protected] We'll be glad to help you personally.