YouTrack Time Tracking
TMetric is a free work time tracking web app for professionals and companies. It integrates with YouTrack and other widely used project management systems. Use TMetric to track time spent on tasks directly from YouTrack.
Below is the instructions on how to integrate TMetric with YouTrack.
Preparing to track your work time in YouTrack
Let's setup TMetric so it can correctly capture your work time from YouTrack.
1. Create TMetric account. It will take a few minutes.
2. Install one of the following TMetric browser extensions depending on a browser you prefer:
3. (optional) After registration, you can also install a time tracking desktop app, so you could track your work activity in details.
Now when you are all set, you can proceed to track work time in YouTrack.
Tracking time in YouTrack. How it works
The TMetric extension adds the Start timer button next to the issue summary in full page view.
- To start tracking the time you spend working on an issue, click the Start timer button.
- To stop the timer, click the Stop timer button.
Click the Start timer button, and the time spent on a YouTrack issue will be logged in your TMetric account. Notice that the Start timer button changes to the Stop timer button and displays the time spent on the issue.
If you have the status of Owner or Admin when first starting the timer for the issue, TMetric pulls out from YouTrack the project name of the issue and automatically creates a project with the same name in your TMetric account.
The issue appears on the Tracker page in the TMetric web application. The name, ID, and project of the issue are the same as in YouTrack. It is easy enough to navigate back to YouTrack by clicking the issue ID (in our case ID is #TY-1).