Add Timer Button to Redmine Issues
Complete these two simple steps to enable time tracking in Redmine.
It takes no more than 3 minutes to set up.
Now login to your Redmine account and start tracking.
No Manual Input Required
- Timer button is integrated into each Redmine issue
- It takes a single click to start the timer
- No need to stop before switching to another issue
Backlinks to GitHub from TMetric
- Each time entry contains a backlink to a Redmine issue
- Redmine projects are mapped to TMetric projects
Powerful Time Reports
- See the time of your team in one place
- Group, sort, and filter reports
- Export time reports and invoice your clients
How to Use Time Tracking In Redmine
1. Locate timer button on a Redmine issue
Click the Issues tab and select a required issue. A dialog window opens, where you can view and edit the contents of the issue. You will see the Start timer button in the upper right corner of the window.
2. Start timer on an issue
Click the Start timer button and TMetric will start recording your Redmine working time. Notice that the Start timer button changes to the Stop timer button and displays the time spent on the issue.
If you are the account owner or assigned admin in TMetric and start the timer for the first time, TMetric pulls out from Redmine and adds to your TMetric account:
- issue name
- issue ID
- project name
The corresponding time entry appears on the Time page in the TMetric web app. You can easily navigate back to the Redmine issue simply by clicking the link icon next to the task name (in our case ID is BP-12).
3. Edit time entry, if necessary
A time entry with an external task can be edited. You can edit the name of the task, project, and labels without losing a link to the Redmine issue.
To disassociate the task from the Redmine issue, click the cross icon next to the task name in the bottom right corner of the time entry editor.
4. View a time report
Reports show the time from different external systems, as well as the time entered manually in TMetric.
5. Configure time synchronization with Redmine
You can configure TMetric to import projects and users from Redmine to TMetric and automatically upload the time you track in TMetric to Redmine. In addition to project and user names, TMetric imports the statuses of the users and projects. The time logged in TMetric will be synchronized automatically to Redmine every hour.
You can create and manage Redmine integration on the Import and Export page of the TMetric app. In particular, you can:
- Run an immediate synchronization by clicking the Sync Time Now button
- View log to see the results of synchronization
- Edit the integration settings
- Delete an integration. When you delete an integration, all time entries associated with this integration will be unassigned from the relevant Redmine instance.
TMetric is a great time tracking web app allowing to control your time and stay productive throughout the day!