Add Timer Button to Podio Tasks
Complete these two simple steps to enable time tracking in Podio.
It takes no more than 3 minutes to set up.
Now login to your Podio account and start tracking.
No Manual Input Required
- Timer button is integrated into each Podio task
- It takes a single click to start the timer directly from Podio
- No need to stop before switching to another task
Links to Podio from TMetric
- Each time entry contains a link to a Podio task
- Podio projects are mapped to TMetric projects
- Podio tags are automatically assigned to time entries
Powerful Time Reports
- See the time of your team in one place
- Group, sort, and filter reports
- Export Podio time reports and invoice your clients
How to Use Time Tracking In Podio
1. Locate timer button on a Podio task
Go to a project and select a required task. A dialogue window opens, where you can view and edit the contents of the task. You will see the Start timer button under the name of the task.
2. Start timer on a task
Click the Start timer button and TMetric will start recording your Podio working time. Notice that the Start timer button changes to the Stop timer button and displays the time spent on the task.
If you are the account owner or assigned admin in TMetric and start the timer for the first time, TMetric pulls out from Podio and adds to your TMetric account:
- task name
- task ID
- project name
Podio tags are mapped to the tags existing in the Tmetric account. If the Allow creating tags on a fly option is enabled in the Tmetric account then the tags are automatically created.
The corresponding time entry appears on the Time page in the TMetric web app. You can easily navigate back to the Podio task simply by clicking the link icon next to the task name.
3. Edit time entry, if necessary
A time entry with an external task can be edited. You can edit the name of the task, project, and tags without losing a link to the Podio task.
To disassociate the TMetric task from the Podio task, click the cross icon next to the task name in the bottom right corner of the time entry editor.
4. View a time report
Reports show the time from different external systems, as well as the time entered manually in TMetric.
TMetric is a great time tracking app for Windows, Mac, and Linux that allows you to control your time and stay productive throughout the day. TMetric mobile app on Android or IoS is the most convenient way to track your time whether in the office or away on customer meetings.