Setting Work Schedule and Holidays
The following section gives brief guidelines about how to create your company's work schedule with preferable workday length, additional workdays and holidays.
How to set Work Schedule and Holidays
TMetric provides you with a possibility to configure your work schedule, change the workday length and pick holidays and additional workdays. You should remember that this information affects the reports and your monthly time balance.
To change the default settings and apply your custom ones, do the following:
1. Navigate to Workspace and click Settings in the drop-down menu.
2. On the Workspace Settings page, click Work Schedule on the right side menu.
3. Now you can make any changes you want, for example:
- In the Workweek section, you can select which days are working days in your company.
- The Workday length value specifies the duration of a working day. If you don't need your monthly time balance, you should leave the Workday length field empty.
- By clicking the Add Date button in Holidays, you can add dates of national or other holidays in your country.
- The Additional Workdays option allows you to specify the dates of extra workdays.
In the Working on Weekends and Holidays section, you can specify whether your employees are allowed to work on weekends and holidays or not.
For this, you should use the Allow working on weekends and holidays option. This option is enabled by default and affects all team members including a workspace admin and owner.
If you want to disallow working on weekends and holidays for all team members, you should disable the option and click Save.
There is also a possibility to override the default settings for each particular member separately.
How Work Schedule relates to Reports
The data you specify on the Work Schedule page directly influences your reports, since the Time Balance column shows the difference between the amount of logged time and the number of hours required by a work schedule.
Didn’t find what you were looking for?
If you didn't find what you were looking for, you can make a support request or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll be glad to help you personally.