Productivity Tracking Overview
This topic gives insight into productivity tracking, which is one of the key features of any time management tool. When you monitor your employees' productivity, you can easily analyze, improve and manage business processes within your organization.
With flexible activity tracking settings, the manager can configure a more detailed collection of data about visited websites and application usage or disable this option.
TMetric tracks productivity using a desktop client, which collects and records user activity. To enable data collection, you need to download and install TMetric Desktop, and turn on the Activity options. If these options are centrally enabled, the desktop client will ask the user for permission to record their activity. In this case, the user will receive confirmation that tracking is turned on by the admin and the desktop will start recording their activity only after this.
We collect three types of data - the information about:
- websites and applications that a user views while working
- user activity level on the computer
- screenshots of each monitor
Note: TMetric does not collect any private information (e.g. passwords, logins, etc.).
Learn How Productivity Tracking Works
- Measuring Activity Level and Online Time
- Tracking Websites and Apps Usage
- Capturing Screenshots
- Personal Dashboard
- How to View Detailed User Activity
- How to Set Activity Tracking in the Web App
- Productivity Tracking FAQ